May 13, 2008

weapon aiming

I got my aiming animation stuff working, sort of. The editor now allows one animation to be added on top of another. This allows me to blend a shooting animation with an aim animation, like this crude example shows:



However it doesn't always give good results. My test animation looks alright when aiming upwards and straight ahead, but not so well when aiming downwards:



As you can see, the support hand doesn't stay where it's supposed to. This could be solved by changing the shooting animation or by using IK for the support hand. In the game, the aim animation would be controlled by the crosshair position.

4 comments:

Anonymous

Nice work!

Anonymous

That looks pretty cool, I'm interested to see how you solve it though.

balaam

This is looking pretty awesome - definitely makes me want to have a look into Inverse Kinetics!

Anna

I've actually come up with a better way to do aiming, which solves several problems with this system. I'll post about it as soon as it's implemented.

Post a Comment