August 29, 2007

side scroller physics

I was working on porting my collision detection stuff from C++ to C#:



It's a simple AABB colliding with line segments using SAT for collision detection and response. I added friction so it's not sliding around everywhere, but this kind of physics doesn't seem appropriate for this game. I'm going to try to make it work more like old side scrolling SNES games, where the movement is more predictable and easier to control.

Also I made a little particle physics test. It's surprisingly easy to implement this kind of system:

3 comments:

Anonymous

Looks good continue the good work
I will try to do the same (continue my good work)lol

rfreak

Anonymous

How do you learn things like this?

Anna

leaf: Advanced Character Physics, Collision Detection and Response, and Simple Intersection Tests For Games are all good articles on this subject.

Post a Comment