August 02, 2007

old programs

I came across my old programming stuff from highschool. These are some of the more interesting examples.


QBasic

Behold, my first game!






Some silly ASCII animations:





I was a Star Wars junkie back then. This was made with the drawing commands:




Fake scandisk with animated progress bar:




Connect Four. No AI or win detection though:




Turing

A little tile based program with an animated player-controlled character and collision detection. I came up with an interesting method of faking the tile transparency so the tree tiles would overlap the character properly. The tiles were stolen from various SNES games but I made the sprites myself, including walking animations:





Obligatory Pong clone:




The Maya were another one of my obsessions. This program takes a date and calculates the Mayan long count date from it, then displays it in Mayan numbers:





Visual Basic 6


A clone of Flying Pictures which is a clone of Flipull. Graphics are from Gundam Wing:




Some tile map editor, more stolen tiles:




Paint program:




A clone of that slime volleyball game, no scoring and no collision with the net though. Background stolen from Gundam Wing: Endless Duel:




A game I made with my friend Michelle. We had to do a "who wants to be a millionaire" type game. Yep, Gundam Wing was yet another one of my highschool obsessions. The graphics were made by me and I animated Heero; he blinks, moves his eyebrows, shifts his eyes, and looks like he's talking while the text is appearing. It's a pretty cool effect:





I wanted to make an RPG but never got past the tiling graphics/animated character/collision detection stage. The sprite in the middle is mine:

2 comments:

Anonymous

Hey, you got any nice and fast polygon edge detection algorithm?
I've got one in Soldat but I don't like it.

Unknown

You rock Anna.
I'm in love. :D

Post a Comment