July 23, 2009

second year 3D work

I'm finally posting some school work!

I call this one a futuristic Mayan warrior. I started texturing it the day before it was due. Still turned out alright.





Low-spec lizard. At over 600 tris it's a little more high poly than I was aiming for. It was supposed to be a ZBrush assignment but I don't like ZBrush (pretty sure I failed the assignment).





A Mughal themed level in UE3. I didn't model the arches, but the texturing and everything else is my work. I wanted to avoid some of the trouble of importing models from Maya so it's mostly BSPs. That turned out to have its own issues though. I think my next level will be made primarily in Maya.


7 comments:

Nate Kling

the futuristic mayan character looks great. How many tri's is that? The lizard is really great as well!

Anna

Thank you! It's 3316 tris. About a third of that is in the overly detailed hands and fingers.

Max

You don't have to answer, but I was wondering how old you are. And in what kind of school do you learn cool stuff like that?

Unknown

Maya is great! I used it also in my good ol' Gamedeveloper times.
Made a lot of MEL scripting.

Eclipse

very nice stuff here :) good texturing on the environment, the lizard is cute and i love the mayan character design. Shes quite original.
And yes, I'm still lurking your blog from time to time ;-)

Spuctnik89

Wow!! Its amazing work. I like the character modeling of the woman, plus the textures of the environment!! Great stuff!!

Anna

Thanks for the comments!

Post a Comment