January 29, 2009

news

Apologies for the lack of posting lately to those who are still visiting. I've started a new project! It is a minimalistic platformer in XNA. Here are some mockups:



It is very Knytt Stories-inspired. I'm aiming for online co-op for two players with somewhat experimental gameplay (more details on that once it is better defined).

The physics based platformer game project is now on hold. It was a difficult project to work on and I want to do something that has a better chance of being completed. I still want to make that game, so I will likely pick it up again later.

Posting will probably be light until the end of the semester. These are my goals for the next few months:
  • work out the design of the XNA platformer and get some serious coding done
  • post some the school work that I did last semester
  • update the flash game I made for school last semester and make it public
  • finally make an update to Polyworks

13 comments:

Anonymous

Looks realy nice. I wish I could make such nice looking Pixel GFX :)

I would like to Develop for the XNA too but it's not "allowed" here in Germany :(

Anonymous

I love this, the environments look so rich and atmospheric.

Anonymous

very nice and atmospheric mockups, i'd love to see them in motion in a real game

Anonymous

This looks fantastic! I'm a big fan of your blog, and this particular project seems like something you'd be able to do great things with.

Anonymous

This kind of remind me of The Underside, a game inspired by Cave Story...
For your curiosity:
http://www.insignificantstudios.com/

Anna

Thanks all!

My pixel art is somewhat influenced by Cave Story so I'm not surprised that there's a similarity there.

Anonymous

That's great to know that you're going to make new Polyworks for Soldat 1.5 Yay!

Anonymous

So how's it going with this? The gfx looks gorgeous and if the gameplay and atmosphere is Knytt inspired this should be an awesome game!
Keep up the good work!

Anna

Some things have changed since I posted this. I'm making progress but don't feel ready to post about any of it here yet. I'm not dead though, more to come eventually.

Anonymous

Brim over I agree but I dream the brief should prepare more info then it has.

Anonymous

Amiable post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

Anonymous

I inclination not approve on it. I think polite post. Expressly the appellation attracted me to be familiar with the unscathed story.

Anonymous
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment